Here is an example of the included shortcodes in this theme.
- Google Maps: easily insert a Google Map into any page, post or sidebar widget. Comes with a nice visual editor that makes inserting maps easy. Just click the “map” icon in the editor toolbar.
- Banner: insert a flag or brush styled banner. Banners can have a link. Just click the “banner” icon in the editor toolbar to insert a new banner onto any post or page.
- Blog Listing: this shortcode is useful for inserting a list of recent blog posts onto any page of your website, this is mostly used on the home page.
- Icon: choose from over 600 icons. Insert a vertical or horizontal icon banner ( these can have a title, description and clickable link). Or insert a little circle styled icon, useful for “contact us” social media buttons.
- Line: Choose from 6 different line designs. Great for separating content.
This is an example of the GOOGLE MAPS shortcode:
This is an example of the BANNER shortcode:
This is an example of the BLOG POSTS shortcode:
I live in a house that is considered by some to be super cute, but it is also an odd mod podge of rooms, held together with lath and plaster. The story goes that the man who originally built the house was a person who dealt in tin,[…]
A simple choice, really. Walk to the bottom of the hill, cross the street, and stick out my thumb to hitch south to Hermosa Beach, or keep trudging down the hill with my arm out towards the street, my thumb hooked forward, hoping some poor soul would be[…]
(The following took place about 8 years before my brother’s suicide. I was fifteen years old, and my boyfriend, who would soon become my first husband, was twenty. He introduced me to gang bangers, prostitutes, car thieves, and a pimp named Slim. I quickly lost my innocence).[…]
I received news from a friend recently. After reading my post titled, “Rehoming Annie,” she was under the impression that the breeding home where I bought her was at fault. As I re-read my post, I could totally see how someone could reach that conclusion. I want to[…]
It’s been awhile since I have been able to write a post. I had surgery two months ago and was laid up and in pain. I wasn’t motivated to sit at a desk and write. I apologize for the gap. A major life event happened after running from[…]
I had fled the confines of Norwalk State Hospital and planted a mattress on the floor in the spare room of my parents’ apartment, a fresh start of sorts. I determined to get my act together and make it all work for me and my sweet little boy.[…]
Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk, California had suddenly become my new home (see 3:3 ~ The Looney Bin). My parents cared for my baby while I was there. They told me, “You need help.” I entered the intake process a little excited about someone taking charge of me[…]
A few weeks ago I promised I was going to refinish a plastic…yes, I said plastic, thrift shop mirror and then show you the steps I took to reach the final project. I wanted to try Annie Sloan Chalk paint because I had read online that it shows[…]
I had finally gotten away from Michael the Archangel (See prior post). Once the taxi dropped me off at my new friend Skip’s apartment and he got over the shock that I actually showed up, he helped us get settled in. I sat on his couch shaking like[…]
My eldest son, Bruce, was now aware that I would need brain surgery in order to save my own life. There was something powerful about taking matters into my own hands after a neurosurgeon told me there was no hope, but I knew that without God’s help, I[…]
This is an example of the ICON shortcode:
Choose from over 600 icons. Choose your own icon colors. Choose from 3 icon layouts (horizontal, vertical and circle). Demo below:
This is an example of the LINE shortcode:
This is the “arrow” line:
This is the “heart” line:
This is the “dash” line:
This is the “flower” line:
This is the “leaf” line:
This is the “rectangle text” spacer, insert any text you like: